Abstracts, Travel Grants & ePosters
Late Breaking Abstracts: January 1 - February 1, 2017
You are invited to join the scientists, researchers, and clinicians who will present their work at the premier international meeting in the field of medical lasers and energy-based technologies.
- Basic Science and Translational Research
- Cutaneous Applications
- Early Career (scientific and clinical)
- ESLD - Laser and EBD Medicine for Breast Cancer Patients NEW
- ESLD - Challenging Clinical Cases/Series (with International Panel Discussion) NEW
- Laser Dental Applications
- NAALT - Veterinary Applications (merged within Photobiomodulation session)
- NAALT - Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (merged within Photobiomodulation session)
- Nursing / Allied Health NEW SUBMISSION OPTIONS FOR 2017
- PAPDT - Photodynamic Therapy (PDT)
- Women’s Health
Why submit an abstract?
- The ASLMS Annual Conference is the world’s most prestigious gathering of clinical laser and related technology professionals with over 2,000 attendees!
- Approximately 250 abstracts will be selected for oral and/or ePoster presentations.
- Accepted abstracts are published in Lasers in Surgery and Medicine, the internationally renowned journal of ASLMS.
- Accepted ePosters are placed on electronic display at the conference and published on the ASLMS website following the conference for member-only viewing.
- Awards are given for best abstracts in specific sessions (qualifications may apply). See below.
Submit an Abstract
You must submit an abstract before completing a travel grant application.
ASLMS Travel Grants
Travel grants are available for medical students, residents, undergraduate students, interns, and fellows-in-training doing patient oriented research and graduate students and post-doctoral fellows currently involved full-time in biomedical laser research.
Deadline: applications for ASLMS annual conference travel grant form must accompany a submitted abstract and be completed online by November 1. In order to be eligible for a travel grant, the abstract submitted must be accepted for an oral presentation. You will be notified via email of your abstract and grant status no later than December 15.
- Grant Amount: Up to $1,000 (U.S. Funds)
- Award Criteria: You must present an original paper in one of the specialty sessions, resident/fellow session or an ePoster at the Annual Conference. The applicant must also submit a manuscript of their research activities to the Editorial Office of Lasers in Surgery and Medicine to be considered for publication by the next Annual Conference abstract deadline (October 1).
- Award Selection: Award winners will be selected by the Annual Conference Program Committee and will be based on scientific merit, accuracy of research, and originality.
Peggy Nowell, RN Travel Grant
- Grant Available: 1 grant up to $1,000 (U.S. Funds)
- Award Criteria: Applicants must be either certified or degreed in the Nursing/Allied Health field OR working toward a degree in the field of Nursing/Allied Health. The applicant must submit and present an abstract at the upcoming Annual Conference and submit a manuscript of their research activities to the Editorial Office of Lasers in Surgery and Medicine to be considered for publication in the journal by the next Annual Conference abstract deadline (October 1).
- Award Selection: Award winner will be selected by the Nursing/Allied Health Division Representatives.
Submit a Travel Grant
(Note: The 2017 Travel Grant Deadline has passed. Applications are no longer being considered.)
ePosters will be accepted starting January 9, 2017 and are due no later than February 3, 2017.
The ALSMS abstract category options include ePoster (Electronic Poster) which is an excellent format to present research and clinical data.
Each presenter of an accepted abstract is also encouraged to submit an Electronic Poster (ePoster). Presenters will receive information regarding ePoster requirements, guidelines, format and deadlines via email from the ASLMS office.
Approximately 20 computer stations will be available in a special area of the exhibit hall at the Annual Conference for attendees to view the accepted ePosters. Attendees will be able to search and view ePosters by author, title, topic, and/or abstract number. No hard copy posters will be on display. There will be ample time during the lunch hours and breaks for viewing.
The American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. ACCME regulations require that all ePosters be created without the appearance of a conflict of interest and cannot contain any advertising, trade names, corporate logos, or product-group messages.
The American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery, Inc. designates this live activity for a maximum of 4 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Following the conference, ePosters will be published on the ASLMS website for the remainder of the calendar year and accessible for ASLMS member viewing.