Clinical Pearls to Start Your Career - Special CME Session
Saturday, April 8 | 1:30 PM - 5:30 PM | Room: 28 C/D/E
Educational Needs This activity addresses the need for clinical pearls to increase understanding, competence, and performance with starting a clinical practice.
Participants This activity is designed for physicians, residents, and fellows that are interested in learning more about starting a clinical practice and/or issues related to the first years of clinical practice.
Background Requirements This activity requires a medical degree and basic knowledge of clinical and laser medicine.
Instructional Content/Expected Learning Objectives
- Discuss issues pertaining to starting an academic or private practice career.
- Understand the available post-residency fellowships and how they incorporate laser medicine.
- Discuss how to grow a clinical research practice.
- Summarize key business facts to improve overall practice and highlight which laser and energy-based modalities are worth investing in.
- Understand how to develop an appropriate, meaningful relationship with industry.
- Learn how to maintain a healthy work-life balance while navigating regulatory and insurance hurdles and building a social media presence.
Director(s) Jeremy A. Brauer, MD; Daniel P. Friedmann, MD
Faculty Murad Alam, MD, MSCI; Richard Bankowski; Vineet Mishra MD; Sheila Nazarian, MD; Utpalkumar Patel, MD, PhD; Heidi Prather, MD; E. Victor Ross, MD; Nazanin Saedi, MD
|1:30 PM - 1:35 PM
||Introduction and Pre-Test
|1:36 PM - 1:49 PM
||Starting Your Practice: Academic - Nazanin Saedi
|1:50 PM - 2:03 PM
||Starting Your Practice: Private - Jeremy A. Brauer
|2:04 PM - 2:17 PM
||Post-Residency Fellowships - Heidi Prather
|2:18 PM - 2:31 PM
||Managing Social Media - Sheila Nazarian
|2:32 PM - 2:44 PM
|2:45 PM - 3:30 PM
|3:31 PM - 3:45 PM
||Business Pearls - Utpalkumar Patel
|3:46 PM - 4:00 PM
||Investing in the Right Devices - E. Victor Ross
|4:01 PM - 4:15 PM
||Building an Industry Relationship - Richard Bankowski
|4:16 PM - 4:29 PM
|4:30 PM - 4:44 PM
||Starting a Clinical Research Practice - Daniel P. Friedmann
|4:45 PM - 4:59 PM
||Maintaining a Work-Life Balance - Vineet Mishra
|5:00 PM - 5:14 PM
||Decoding the Initials - Murad Alam
|5:15 PM - 5:30 PM
||Q&A, Conclusion and Post-Test
Schedule and rooms subject to change without notice