Emerging Energy-Based Device Applications in Women's Health - Workshop
Friday, April 7 | 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM | Room: 28 A/B
AMA PRA Category 1 CME Credits: 2.00 MAX | CE Contact Hours: 2.00 MAX
ACCME Accreditation Statement
Educational Needs The purpose of this course is to introduce the audience, in a structured and unbiased fashion, to emerging device therapeutic options for the treatment of common gynecologic conditions. The issues to be discussed at this workshop include but are not limited to:
- Introduction anatomy and basic laser physics laser-tissue interactions to vulvovagina.
- Presentation on the FDA clearances for application of device-based treatments to the genitourinary tissues.
- The clinical and histologic findings following device treatments, including fractional laser resurfacing and radio frequency.
- The application of device-based treatments to urinary incontinence and pelvic prolapse.
- The application of device-based treatments to atrophic vaginitis.
- Device-based treatments for other vaginal and vulval disorders such as lichen sclerosis.
Participants Target audience shall include gynecologists and urologists, and laser specialists who wish to attain knowledge in this area.
Background Requirements Background training in gynecology, urology and/or lasers for the vulvovaginal area.
Instructional Content/Expected Learning Objectives It is expected that participants in this activity will be able to identify the anatomy and current FDA clearances for devices in treating genitourinary tissue. They will become familiar with the emerging technologies being developed for urinary incontinence, pelvic prolapse and atrophic vaginitis. They will become aware of the FDA trials underway for these indications.
Director(s) Macrene R. Alexiades, MD, PhD; Nathan Guerette, MD, FPMRS, FACOG
Faculty Oscar Aguirre, MD; Red Alinsod, MD; Adrian Gaspar, MD; Kevin Stepp, MD; Yona Tadir, MD
|8:00 AM - 8:05 AM
||Introduction and Pre-Test
|8:06 AM - 8:20 AM
|| Energy-based Vulvo-Vaginal Therapy: Current Uses and Evidence - Nathan Guerette
|8:21 AM - 8:35 AM
|| Regulatory FDA Clearances - Macrene Alexiades
|8:36 AM - 8:49 AM
||History - Adrian Gaspar
|8:50 AM - 9:04 AM
||Fx CO2 - Oscar Aguirre
|9:05 AM - 9:19 AM
||Fx Er and Non-Ablative - Kevin Stepp
|9:20 AM - 9:34 AM
||RF - Red Alinsod
|9:35 AM - 9:49 AM
||Marketing: Appropriateness and Pitfalls - Yona Tadir
|9:50 AM - 10:00 AM
||Q&A, Conclusion and Post-Test
Schedule and rooms subject to change without notice