Educational Needs 1) Novice practitioners just introducing or having minimal experience using light energy, radio-frequency, ultrasound and/or cryolipolysis devices and/or more experienced practitioners who are interested in expanding their practice to new applications using alternative devices. 2) Experienced (expert) practitioners interested in the comparison and contrasting of devices and procedural approaches used by other experts.
Participants No specific participant details.
Background Requirements No specific background requirements.
Instructional Content/Expected Learning Objectives As a result of expert panel members sharing their perspectives regarding specific technologies and procedural approaches, participants will be able to:
1) Learn about a broad spectrum of devices that can be considered for use in clinical practice.
2) Gain introduction to the use of specific devices for specific clinical procedures.
3) Compare and contrast specific devices for specific procedures.
4) Understand the benefits and disadvantages of using specific devices for specific procedures.
5) Determine which device(s) to purchase for use in their clinical practice.
6) Understand the limitations of devices which they currently use in their practice.
7) Interpret and understand information provided by companies which vend devices and services.
8) Compare and contrast features/benefits of technology so participants better understand the nuances of systems and how this plays out in clinical practice.
Director(s) Roy G. Geronemus, MD; Christopher B. Zachary, MBBS, FRCP