As a benefit of membership, the ASLMS will post approved employment
opportunities and employment wanted requests on the Society's website.
Please submit information to Diane Dodds at email@example.com.
Past President/CEO of Telsar Laboratories Seeking Continued Employment in the Medical Laser Field
30 years experience in the Medical, Scientific and Industrial Laser industry, from start-up through completed operations and National Contract Negotiations. Will relocate and international/domestic travel is expected. Resume and references available. Contact, J. Peter Zimmer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 618-917-6743.
Posted 4/26/12 - Updated 7/30/12
Associate, Clinical Applications
Cynosure - Westford Location
Clinical Development Department
Reports to Manager, Clinical Applications
Responsible for conducting procedural training needs assessments for internal and external (US) clinical team to ensure best practices in training and development and implementation for assigned responsibilities, implementation of determined learning solutions and design & implementation of training programs. Proactively identify opportunities to enhance current and future training curricula, develop and deliver plans effectively and timely.
Provide customers with the right level of knowledge to fully utilize and effectively integrate Cynosure products. Provide customers with the knowledge to train peers and facilitate the integration of Cynosure products into their practices. Build customer understanding of products and how utilization can drive significant patient and practice outcomes.
- Develop and implement effective, standardized product training programs via both instructor led and train the trainer educational format
- Evaluate current training programs-expand and evolve the training curriculum
- Partner with internal technical leadership and internal subject matter experts to develop and incorporate a technical component to the training
- Determine a plan for computer based training. Evaluate and integrate potential external e-learning capabilities
- Collaborate with sales and marketing departments to identify new training and learning needs and partner internally to determine best solution
- Identify, centralize and manage repository of training resource materials for ease of access
- Assist with the development of training and educational scripts, documents and videos
- Develop, revise and facilitate training presentations.
- Coordinate and distribute clinical and product updates and conduct product cross training.
- Provide sales and marketing support by performing internal product demonstration for distributors and sales team.
- Manage and audit training records to ensure nursing/esthetician licenses and contracts are current and in compliance.
- Identify clinical issues and customer needs and provide suggestions for changes, enhancements and/or new product designs.
- Approve ACP expense reports
- Travel regionally, national and internationally as determined by the needs of the company.
- Pursuit of continuing education activities that enhance professional growth and competence
- Computer literate (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet)
- Other duties as required
Behavioral and Interpersonal:
- Skilled public speaker able to engage effectively with a variety of audiences
- Must possess excellent verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Proactive, self-motivated and self-directed individual
- Successful track record in cross-funcational facilitation, communication and ability to influence others to achieve results in a growth oriented environment.
- Ability to build positive, productive collaborative relationships with peers, colleagues, consultants and suppliers.
- Demonstrates creative and practical approaches to identify solutions.
- Ability to manage tasks on multiple projects concurrently and work well independently.
- Ability to travel 20-30% of the time
Education and Experience Requirements:
- RN (preferred) with background in a scientific or healthcare field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years training experience with laser light-based technologies with a strong focus on training and development in a cross-functional matrix environment
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications and web tools.
Department of Biomedical Engineering
Texas A&M – Dwight Look College of Engineering
The Department of Biomedical Engineering at Texas A&M University invites applications for department head. The candidate must have notable accomplishments and experience in research, academic or industry leadership, teaching, and scholarship. Specific duties and responsibilities include: 1) providing intellectual and philosophical leadership of the faculty, staff and students for synergistic academic, research, extension and service programs; 2) managing and coordinating the department’s human and fiscal resources; 3) serving as liaison for the department to the Look College and the Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station (TEES); 4) representing the department to state and federal agencies, private organizations, partners and collaborators, and key industry groups; and 5) providing leadership for continued acquisition of internal and external resources Applicants should consult the department’s website to review our academic and research programs (engineering.tamu.edu/biomedical).
Texas A&M is located in the twin cities of Bryan and College Station, with a population of more than 175,000, and is conveniently located in a triangle formed by Dallas, Houston and Austin. Texas A&M has more than 50,000 graduate and undergraduate students enrolled. Research expenditures at Texas A&M total more than $820 million annually, ranking in the top tier of universities nationwide. With an endowment valued at more than $5 billion, the university ranks fourth among U.S. public universities and 10th overall. With 380 tenured/tenure-track faculty members and more than 12,000 students, the Dwight Look College of Engineering is one of the largest engineering schools in the country. The college is ranked seventh in graduate studies and eighth in undergraduate programs among public institutions by U.S. News & World Report, with seven of the college’s 13 departments ranked in the Top 10. The Look College is ranked second in research expenditures by the American Society for Engineering Education.
The Department of Biomedical Engineering has held ABET accreditation since 1977. It has 19 core tenured and tenure-track faculty members, 16 jointly appointed tenure and tenure-track faculty members, 2 professors of practice, and one professor emeritus. The Department of Biomedical Engineering has unique strengths in biomedical optics, biomedical imaging, remote healthcare technology, therapeutics manufacturing, biomechanics, and biomaterials. The core faculty are internationally recognized and collegial with collaborative relationships that span engineering, physical and natural sciences, medicine and veterinary sciences. The faculty not only conduct innovative research contributing to the global knowledge base, but also perform considerable translational research resulting in new patents, new companies and new economic activity. With increasing demands for quality medical devices, procedures and improved cost-effectiveness, the department has positioned itself to lead the way in the development, testing and commercialization of products, systems and technologies.
The department offers BS, MS, Ph.D. and MD/Ph.D. degrees in biomedical engineering. Also, a dual master degree is available jointly with the Mays Business School. The department has over 120 graduate and 420 undergraduate students, including 6 NSF-GRFP and 6 LSAMP-Bridge to Doctorate funded students. In the most recent U.S. News & World Report rankings, its graduate program ranks 13th among public institutions.
Applicants must have an earned doctorate in biomedical engineering or a closely related engineering or science discipline. Candidates should possess proven leadership and administrative skills, and an established reputation as a scholar consistent with an appointment to the rank of professor of biomedical engineering with tenure.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, teaching statement, research statement, and a list of five references (including postal addresses, phone numbers and email addresses) by applying for this specific position at www.tamengineeringjobs.com. Full consideration will be given to applications received by February 1, 2015. Applications received after that date may be considered until positions are filled. It is anticipated the appointment will begin fall 2015.
The members of Texas A&M Engineering are all Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. It is the policy of these members in all aspects of operations each person shall be considered solely on the basis of qualifications, without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disabilities or veteran status.
Associate or Partner
Associate or partner in busy cosmetic laser practice in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Candidate must hold a license to practice in Canada or be eligible for Canadian license, and be experienced in laser procedures and injectables. Please apply by email to Dr. Gerald Boey at email@example.com.
We are currently recruiting experienced Aesthetician/Laser Technician to assist in our growing Medical Aesthetic Practice and Spa. Candidate will be responsible for providing laser services including skin tightening/resurfacing with the Fraxel laser, Thermage laser, Clear and Brilliant Laser and IPL. Also, laser hair removal, micro laser peels, as well as microdermabrasion’s in our high-end medical aesthetic practice. Candidate must have outstanding customer services, sales and marketing skills, and the knowledge to educate and give guidance to clients about skin care and products. This is a rewarding position for a motivated, educated, experienced individual.
• Perform skin analysis and evaluation on clients utilizing the Visia Complexion Analysis
• Administer cosmetic laser therapies in a professional medical atmosphere.
• Develop a specific treatment plan for clients and an ongoing follow-up.
• Educating patients on products to enhance their procedures and following up to establish recurring orders for patients.
• Attending team meetings, promotional events and seminars.
• Must be highly motivated and desire to promote our practice.
• Must self-promote and market yourself (the clinic will also supply marketing and market on your behalf )
• Must be a TN licensed aesthetician
• Minimum 3 years Laser Experience preferred.
• Med Spa, Physician Office, Dermatology or Plastic Surgeon industry experience a plus
• Experience with Obagi, Revision, Jane Iredale, Neova, Clarisonic, NuFace a plus.
• Skill in using a PC, Facebook, and other social media.
Our Practice Offers:
• A growing medical aesthetic practice and spa.
• Paid training and ongoing education.
• Flexible work schedule
• Discount on products and services
• No weekend hours.
• Ability to create your own autonomy
• Potential for long-term career
• Marketing Support from the clinic
We are looking for a part time position of 3-4 days a week. The hours would be between 20-30+ hours per week.
Location: Hamilton Place Mall area, Chattanooga, TN
If you or someone you know is interested in discussing this opportunity in detail, please email resume, complete with cover letter, references, salary history and contact information by replying to this ad via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subject: Aesthetician / Laser Technician
*Email submissions only, please. No phone calls.
Description - Position opening in expanding laser center in Telluride Colorado. Positions available include Aesthetic Nurse (NP/RN) or Physician Assistant (PA) Our clinic is located in Telluride, Colorado and provides laser treatments, a full range of injectables, and skin care products. Treatments and services offered at our clinic include: Laser Hair Removal, Botox and Fillers (Restylane, Perlane, Juvederm, Radiesse) treatments, “Photofacials”, Skin Rejuvenation, Spider vein treatment, acne treatment, sclerotherapy, laser skin resurfacing and laser assisted liposuction.
Overview - Responsibilities include performing consultations and treatments including laser hair removal, broad band light, sclerotherapy and injectables including Botox and fillers. Additional duties include maintaining/ordering supplies for surgical cases and working with the physicians during larger cases. The practice uses an EMR and some data entry is required. The position also allows input into creating advertising specials and creating treatment packages.
Required Knowledge - Preferred candidates will possess knowledge of aesthetic procedures such as Laser Hair Removal, “Photofacials,” Skin Rejuvenation, Botox injection, Filler injections, sclerotherapy and skin care.
Key Responsibilities - Provide effective consultations and perform treatments previously described. Participate in networking/marketing both locally and on web. Follow up with existing clients.
Qualifications - Experience in a medical esthetic field is required. Injectable training and basic laser training is preferred. Advanced training is available with our staff physicians and would be required. Friendly personality and proper bedside manners are a must. Must be willing and able to perform independent tasks.Computer Skills: basic data entry skills required, background with EMR is a plusMust have an active license as a Registered Nurse or Physician Assistant with strong references.
If you are qualified and are interested, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com
Posted 1/9/2013 - Updated 9/25/2013
Laser and Dermatologic Surgery Fellowship
Dermatology & Laser Surgery Center, a private dermatology practice in Houston, Texas is pleased to announce a clinical fellowship in laser and dermatologic surgery for the 2013-2014 academic year.
Successful candidate will develop expertise in both procedural and cosmetic dermatology. The fellow will become proficient with over fifteen laser and light sources, photodynamic therapy, and injectables. The fellow will also gain experience in cutaneous oncology and Mohs micrographic surgery. The fellowship offers clinical research, publishing, and speaking opportunities with mentoring from Paul M. Friedman, M.D. Candidates must be board-eligible/board-certified in Dermatology. Salary will be commensurate with PGY level. There is potential for associate offer upon fellowship completion.
Dermatology & Laser Surgery Center is a private, academic dermatology practice of two physicians. We are located in the heart of the Texas Medical Center in Houston, the “Coolest City in America” as recently voted by Forbes Magazine. We offer laser skin surgery, cosmetic dermatology, Mohs micrographic surgery, as well as adult and pediatric general dermatology. Our 7,500-square-foot office boasts state-of-the-art equipment, including over fifteen laser and light sources and an in-house Mohs histology lab.
Interested applicants should send an email describing their background with their CV to Paul M. Friedman, M.D. (firstname.lastname@example.org), Medical Director, Dermatology & Laser Surgery Center and Clinical Assistant Professor of Dermatology, University of Texas Medical School, Houston, TX.
Full-Time Board Certified Dermatologist Interested in General Dermatology/Mohs
Dermatology & Laser Surgery Center, a private, growing dermatology practice of two physicians, is seeking to expand services by hiring a board-certified Dermatologist who is fellowship-trained in Mohs to join our Houston, Texas practice on a full-time basis. We are located in the heart of the Texas Medical Center and offer adult and pediatric general dermatology, cosmetic dermatology, laser skin surgery and Mohs micrographic surgery. Our 7,500-square-foot office boasts state-of-the-art equipment and includes an in-house Mohs histology lab. You will have unlimited income potential and access to all of the amenities of a major metropolitan city.
Live in the “Coolest City in America”, as recently voted by Forbes Magazine
Superb compensation and benefits package present unlimited financial potential
Take part in a thriving university community known for its rich history and education
Excellent public and private schools and prestigious residential areas within five miles of the office
Tremendous opportunity for teaching and lecturing
Museums, professional sports, theme parks, year-round golf, the beautiful Texas Hill Country plus many more amenities make this a dream opportunity
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact us at email@example.com or 713-900-3900.
Posted 8/6/12 - Updated 9/25/2013
Aesthetic RN’s – Transform Your Palomar Pulsed Light and Laser Clinical Experience into a Career Opportunity to Teach and Learn
Are you a polished, well-spoken, professional medical aesthetic nurse in the continental US interested in utilizing your Palomar laser and light based treatment expertise to train others? Are you looking for an opportunity to travel and learn from industry professionals who share your passion for the most advanced technologies in aesthetic treatments? Do you have the willingness and ability to develop in-depth product knowledge and to commit to continuous learning?
Join our Clinical Training and Support Team as a Specialist providing exceptional in-service training at our customer sites on the most advanced laser and pulsed light systems for aesthetic applications.
Contribute to the growth of our Clinical Team and the Company:
Perform in-service training at customer sites
Provide phone support to customers and coworkers
Contribute to special projects in support of Field Clinical Director and company objectives
Provide sales support by assisting with demos and ongoing training of sales force
Draft and edit specialized treatment protocols
Participate and/or present at Regional User Meetings, Seminars and Trade Shows
Must be an RN with current and active license in the continental United States
Current experience in a clinical environment using Palomar StarLux® 500 or Palomar Icon™ lasers and pulsed light systems for cosmetic applications, including treatment for Hair Reduction, Leg Veins, Pigmented and Vascular Lesions, Non-ablative Resurfacing and Ablative Resurfacing.
Availability to travel (work from home when not travelling)
Ability to establish a strong rapport with clients to create a high level of satisfaction
Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
Highly organized, self-motivated, disciplined, and thorough
Ability to work independently while contributing as a team player focused on the overall success of team, our customers, and the company
Computer literate (Outlook, PowerPoint ,Excel, and knowledge of internet a must)
If you have the qualifications and are looking for an exciting career growth opportunity, please send a resume and cover letter identifying current clinical experience with Palomar systems to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference this posting #CTS0712. No recruiters and no phone calls, please.
Palomar Medical Technologies, Inc. is a leader in the design and manufacture of light based Aesthetics Systems. Visit our web site at www.palomarmedical.com for more information about our company and industry leading products.
Upscale, established and very busy cosmetic and medical dermatology and laser solo practice (with one physicians assistant) on Park Avenue on the Upper East Side of Manhattan is seeking a board-certified dermatologist for a full-time associate dermatologist position. Opportunity for fast-track (3-5 years) full partnership and then successorship, with no out-of-pocket buy in of the practice. Excellent pay and benefits. Experience with fillers, botox and laser skills helpful. Respond to email@example.com.
Posted 1/13/12 - Updated 7/30/12, 9/25/2013
Certified Aesthetic Laser Practitioner
La DERMIQUE, Skin Rejuvenation & Body Contouring Center in Feeding Hills, MA is seeking
a Certified Aesthetic Laser Practitioner with Massachusetts RN or aesthetic license, to perform a variety of high-quality, advanced aesthetic laser procedures. Must be self-motivated, attend continuing education & be a great team asset. 1 – 2 years experience preferred. 30+ hrs/week including some evenings and occasional Saturdays. Send resume with references to: Suzanne@LaDermique.com
Posted 9/21/11 - Updated 7/30/12
Exciting opportunity for a Dermatologist in Phoenix, Arizona
Prestigious group Dermatology practice: well established 25 + years with emphasis on skin cancer, consultative skin disease, aesthetics, cosmetic surgery and Mohs Micrographic surgery.
Very competitive base salary
Generous productivity incentives
Enthusiastic, experienced front office, back office and billing staff
Medical, dental, professional liability insurances
Please contact us today to set up your interview!
725 S. Dobson Road, Ste. 200
Chandler, AZ 85224
Post Doctoral Positions Available at Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL)
1) Coupling Terahertz (THz) Radiation to Biomolecules for Non-contact Control of Cellular Responses
2) Identification and Characterization of microRNAs Associated with Cellular Stress Response
Click here for more information.
Associateship Programs/Opportunities at Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL)
Click here for more information.
Registered Nurse or Physician's Assistant Laser Specialist
About the Job
Beam Laser Spa is seeking a licensed nurse practitioner or physician's assistant with experience in the field of aesthetic medicine to provide laser hair removal treatments to its clientele.
The candidate should have specific experience in providing laser treatments for hair removal, and be interested in participating in a team atmosphere.
The position is full time.
Beam Laser Spa is centrally located at Columbus Circle, literally steps away from 4 subway lines. We are considered one of the best laser hair removal businesses in NYC.
We'll hire only the best candidates and provide employees with great opportunity for career growth.
We offer a very positive, supportive work environment, and a beautiful 1200 sq/ft modern, newly-renovated office overlooking Central Park and Columbus Circle.
Job Requirements and Responsibilities:
1. All candidates should be licensed to practice in the advanced nurse or physician's assistant role in the state of NY to achieve the overall goal of providing the client with safe, effective laser treatments.
2. The candidate must ensure consistent delivery of results-oriented, best-in-class laser hair removal treatment experiences for clients.
This includes but is not limited to:
-comfortably conducting first-time client consultations, explaining in detail the science and process behind laser hair removal, and confidently being able to answer all the clients’ questions.
-correctly evaluating the client’s skin type according to the Fitzpatrick scale.
-performing laser hair removal treatments on all Beam Laser Spa clients, developing plan of care for the client, implementing this plan, and evaluating the outcomes.
3. The candidate will be cross-trained to be able to run and maintain the client registration area: checking clients in and out, receiving payment, booking appointments, answering clients questions, etc.
4. The candidate must follow policies, procedures and protocols set up by Beam Laser Spa, all the while maintaining accurate record keeping of office documentation and client treatment protocols.
5. The candidate must maintain open and constant communication with the owners of Beam Laser Spa and write reports for Beam Laser Spa’s management as and when required.
6. The candidate must adhere to the utmost in professional conduct in accordance with standards set by Beam Laser Spa.
Education and Experience Requirements:
1. A Bachelor's Degree is required. Preference will be given to RN's or Physician's Assistants that have expertise in esthetics, specifically laser hair removal.
2. At least 2 years DIRECT experience in laser hair removal procedures is a must.
3. Candidate must be extremely polished, friendly, professional and exhibit proper bedside manner.
4. Computer Skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, internet.
Character/personality traits desired:
-Strong organizational/ time management skills and punctuality are a must, as well as the ability to multi-task and handle many different client requests, phone calls, treatments and administrative tasks every day.
-Candidate must be highly organized, self-motivated, pleasant, and a self-starter. Being an ambitious team player that is driven to excel and promote the overall success of Beam Laser Spa is key.
-Candidate must have a desire and willingness to self-educate and commit to continuous learning.
-Candidate must have and exhibit a high degree of integrity.
-Candidate must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
-Exceptional listening skills are a must, as well as the ability to anticipate, handle and overcome client objections. Candidate must have the ability to manage and correctly set client expectations.
Candidate must have the ability to connect with clients, establish friendly relationships immediately and build and maintain trust.
This is of utmost importance, as our clientele is very high-end.
We are looking for a candidate that is the “whole package”, a HIGHLY experienced laser hair removal specialist, but someone who also has a sophisticated demeanor and excellent client service skills.
If you are qualified and interested, please e-mail your resume with the subject line: laser specialist to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted 5/26/10 - Updated 7/30/12
Fellowship Position/Practice Opening in Cutaneous Laser Medicine and Cosmetic Dermatology
Laserderm, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posted 8/7/09 - Updated 11/8/11