As a benefit of membership, the ASLMS will post approved employment
opportunities and employment wanted requests on the Society's Web site.
Please submit information to Diane Dodds at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Past President/CEO of Telsar Laboratories Seeking Continued Employment in the Medical Laser Field
30 years experience in the Medical, Scientific and Industrial Laser industry, from start-up through completed operations and National Contract Negotiations. Will relocate and international/domestic travel is expected. Resume and references available. Contact, J. Peter Zimmer at email@example.com or 618 917 6743.
Posted 4/26/12 - Updated 7/30/12
Clinician Seeking Industry Role
Physician, licensed in California and Florida, with clinical and industry experience, business school training, and highly experienced in the field of medical communications seeks consulting or employed role in pharma, biotech or device company. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted 1/17/12 - Updated 7/30/12
Description - Position opening in expanding laser center in Telluride Colorado. Positions available include Aesthetic Nurse (NP/RN) or Physician Assistant (PA) Our clinic is located in Telluride, Colorado and provides laser treatments, a full range of injectables, and skin care products. Treatments and services offered at our clinic include: Laser Hair Removal, Botox and Fillers (Restylane, Perlane, Juvederm, Radiesse) treatments, “Photofacials”, Skin Rejuvenation, Spider vein treatment, acne treatment, sclerotherapy, laser skin resurfacing and laser assisted liposuction.
Overview - Responsibilities include performing consultations and treatments including laser hair removal, broad band light, sclerotherapy and injectables including Botox and fillers. Additional duties include maintaining/ordering supplies for surgical cases and working with the physicians during larger cases. The practice uses an EMR and some data entry is required. The position also allows input into creating advertising specials and creating treatment packages.
Required Knowledge - Preferred candidates will possess knowledge of aesthetic procedures such as Laser Hair Removal, “Photofacials,” Skin Rejuvenation, Botox injection, Filler injections, sclerotherapy and skin care.
Key Responsibilities - Provide effective consultations and perform treatments previously described. Participate in networking/marketing both locally and on web. Follow up with existing clients.
Qualifications - Experience in a medical esthetic field is required. Injectable training and basic laser training is preferred. Advanced training is available with our staff physicians and would be required. Friendly personality and proper bedside manners are a must. Must be willing and able to perform independent tasks.Computer Skills: basic data entry skills required, background with EMR is a plusMust have an active license as a Registered Nurse or Physician Assistant with strong references.
If you are qualified and are interested, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com
Laser and Dermatologic Surgery Fellowship
Dermatology & Laser Surgery Center, a private dermatology practice in Houston, Texas is pleased to announce a clinical fellowship in laser and dermatologic surgery for the 2013-2014 academic year.
Successful candidate will develop expertise in both procedural and cosmetic dermatology. The fellow will become proficient with over fifteen laser and light sources, photodynamic therapy, and injectables. The fellow will also gain experience in cutaneous oncology and Mohs micrographic surgery. The fellowship offers clinical research, publishing, and speaking opportunities with mentoring from Paul M. Friedman, M.D. Candidates must be board-eligible/board-certified in Dermatology. Salary will be commensurate with PGY level. There is potential for associate offer upon fellowship completion.
Dermatology & Laser Surgery Center is a private, academic dermatology practice of two physicians.
We are located in the heart of the Texas Medical Center in Houston, the “Coolest City in America” as recently voted by Forbes Magazine. We offer laser skin surgery, cosmetic dermatology, Mohs micrographic surgery, as well as adult and pediatric general dermatology. Our 7,500-square-foot office boasts state-of-the-art equipment, including over fifteen laser and light sources and an in-house Mohs histology lab.
Interested applicants should send an email describing their background with their CV to Paul M. Friedman, M.D. (firstname.lastname@example.org), Medical Director, Dermatology & Laser Surgery Center and Clinical Assistant Professor of Dermatology, University of Texas Medical School, Houston, TX.
Full-Time General Dermatologist and Full-Time Mohs Surgeon
Dermatology & Laser Surgery Center, a private, growing dermatology practice of two physicians, is seeking to expand services by hiring a board-certified Dermatologist and a fellowship-trained Mohs surgeon to join our Houston, Texas practice on a full-time basis. We are located in the heart of the Texas Medical Center and offer adult and pediatric general dermatology, cosmetic dermatology, laser skin surgery and Mohs micrographic surgery. Our 7,500-square-foot office boasts state-of-the-art equipment and includes an in-house Mohs histology lab. You will have unlimited income potential and access to all of the amenities of a major metropolitan city.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact us at email@example.com or (713) 900-3900.
- Live in the “Coolest City in America”, as recently voted by Forbes Magazine
- Superb compensation and benefits package present unlimited financial potential
- Take part in a thriving university community known for its rich history and education
- Excellent public and private schools and prestigious residential areas within five miles of the office
- Tremendous opportunity for teaching and lecturing
- Museums, professional sports, theme parks, year-round golf, the beautiful Texas Hill Country plus many more amenities make this a dream opportunity
Aesthetic RN’s – Transform Your Palomar Pulsed Light and Laser Clinical Experience into a Career Opportunity to Teach and Learn
Are you a polished, well-spoken, professional medical aesthetic nurse in the continental US interested in utilizing your Palomar laser and light based treatment expertise to train others? Are you looking for an opportunity to travel and learn from industry professionals who share your passion for the most advanced technologies in aesthetic treatments? Do you have the willingness and ability to develop in-depth product knowledge and to commit to continuous learning?
Join our Clinical Training and Support Team as a Specialist providing exceptional in-service training at our customer sites on the most advanced laser and pulsed light systems for aesthetic applications.
Contribute to the growth of our Clinical Team and the Company:
- Perform in-service training at customer sites
- Provide phone support to customers and coworkers
- Contribute to special projects in support of Field Clinical Director and company objectives
- Provide sales support by assisting with demos and ongoing training of sales force
- Draft and edit specialized treatment protocols
- Participate and/or present at Regional User Meetings, Seminars and Trade Shows
- Must be an RN with current and active license in the continental United States
- Current experience in a clinical environment using Palomar StarLux® 500 or Palomar Icon™ lasers and pulsed light systems for cosmetic applications, including treatment for Hair Reduction, Leg Veins, Pigmented and Vascular Lesions, Non-ablative Resurfacing and Ablative Resurfacing.
- Availability to travel (work from home when not travelling)
- Ability to establish a strong rapport with clients to create a high level of satisfaction
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Highly organized, self-motivated, disciplined, and thorough
- Ability to work independently while contributing as a team player focused on the overall success of team, our customers, and the company
- Computer literate (Outlook, PowerPoint ,Excel, and knowledge of internet a must)
- Prior experience providing training in a clinical environment is highly desirable.
If you have the qualifications and are looking for an exciting career growth opportunity, please send a resume and cover letter identifying current clinical experience with Palomar systems to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference this posting #CTS0712. No recruiters and no phone calls, please.
Palomar Medical Technologies, Inc. is a leader in the design and manufacture of light based Aesthetics Systems. Visit our web site at www.palomarmedical.com for more information about our company and industry leading products.
Title: Director of Engineering
Location: San Antonio, Texas
The position requires a creative, fast moving, knowledgeable engineering team leader for the development and commercial implementation of new medical imaging products using the opto-acoustic technology. The successful candidate will be the leader of a multidisciplinary product development team, taking products to market. This will include transitioning from prototypes to product. The team consists of a diverse skill base including system engineering, electrical, acoustic, laser, mechanical, biomedical, software, image processing, quality engineering and a wide range of consultants.
The person in this position will bring system-level and detailed analysis, trade-offs, and design capability for complex equipment and will have broad experience with specifying, designing, integrating, connecting, and packaging such systems; will evaluate and compare design options with other disciplines to meet customer requirements; and manage creation of tests and documents to meet FDA requirements for a PMA.
Activities will range from personnel management, creative technical leadership, technical decision-making, company management support on a wide range of topics, equipment testing, hospital personnel and patient interfacing, quality and reliability design, and general problem solving. The position requires expertise in engineering management, system engineering, biomedical engineering, ultrasound engineering, image processing, FDA based quality engineering, and laser engineering would be a plus.
- Management of a multidisciplinary product-development team
- Providing technical overall guidance and leadership in system engineering, ultrasound and acoustics, laser systems, optics, electronics, mechanical design, image processing, quality assurance, patient comfort and safety, testing techniques, system integration, and maintenance support.
- Generation of specifications
- Subcontractor management
- Consultant management
- Interface with the Scientific team
- Interfacing with hospital personnel and patients
- Generation and implementation of operational guidelines
- System and subsystem testing
- Ensuring that quality requirements are met
1. Ultrasound systems, including transducers, electronics, tissue interactions, image processing and software
2. Optics and laser engineering a plus
3. Knowledge of diagnostic imaging
4. Experience with medical devices, medical imaging systems and biomedical optics
5. Clinical and patient trial experience required
6. Working knowledge of FDA and related qualifications
7. General system engineering
8. Mechanical concept engineering
9. Engineering team leadership and management
10. Electronic design
11. Experienced in specification, testing and maintenance generation
12. System testing against specific specifications and requirements
13. Hands-on fabrication skills preferred
14. Experienced in supporting corporate management
15. Assertive personality in expressing potential solutions or alternatives
16. Strong written and verbal communications in English is required
Contact Clara Hinsin, CMS,
Expanding Laser Medicine and Spa Practice in Pinehurst, North Carolina recruiting for the following positions:
- Physician or Physician Extender to perform skin care consults, laser services and to provide coverage for current full-time physician. Hours include Thursday – Saturday 10 AM – 5 PM.
- Office Assistant proficient in Microsoft Office to answer phones, schedule appointments and organize before and after pictures.
- Experienced Aesthetician or double licensed Aesthetician/Massage Therapist
Office Hours Monday – Saturday, Full and Part-time positions available. Saturday availability required. 5 years experience in a medical spa environment or verification from current employer of expertise in field. Knowledge of skin care product lines required or willingness to become proficient in lines offered at office prior to start date. Salary is hourly plus team based bonus. Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com for application and to set up telephone interview. Personal Interviews conducted on the 3rd Friday of the month.
Posted 5/4/12 - updated 8/15/2012
Full Time Clinical Position
Laser & Skin Surgery Center of New York has an immediate opportunity for a full time clinical position in our active laser and related technologies research program. The physician will have an opportunity to participate in clinical trials involving new and evolving treatments for a wide variety of medical and cosmetic conditions. Publication and lecturing opportunities should be numerous. Dermatology training is preferred prerequisite, but not essential. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Interested candidates should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Upscale, established and very busy cosmetic and medical dermatology and laser solo practice (with one physicians assistant) on Park Avenue on the Upper East Side of Manhattan is seeking a board-certified dermatologist for a full-time associate dermatologist position. Opportunity for fast-track (3-5 years) full partnership and then successorship, with no out-of-pocket buy in of the practice. Excellent pay and benefits. Experience with fillers, botox and laser skills helpful. Respond to email@example.com.
Posted 1/13/12 - Updated 7/30/12
Certified Aesthetic Laser Practitioner
La DERMIQUE, Skin Rejuvenation & Body Contouring Center in Feeding Hills, MA is seeking
a Certified Aesthetic Laser Practitioner with Massachusetts RN or aesthetic license, to perform a variety of high-quality, advanced aesthetic laser procedures. Must be self-motivated, attend continuing education & be a great team asset. 1 – 2 years experience preferred. 30+ hrs/week including some evenings and occasional Saturdays. Send resume with references to: Suzanne@LaDermique.com
Posted 9/21/11 - Updated 7/30/12
Exciting opportunity for a Dermatologist in Phoenix, Arizona
Prestigious group Dermatology practice: well established 25 + years with emphasis on skin cancer, consultative skin disease, aesthetics, cosmetic surgery and Mohs Micrographic surgery.
- Very competitive base salary
- Generous productivity incentives
- Enthusiastic, experienced front office, back office and billing staff
- Paid vacation
- Retirement benefits
- Medical, dental, professional liability insurances
Please contact us today to set up your interview!
725 S. Dobson Road, Ste. 200
Chandler, AZ 85224
Posted 1/19/11 - Updated 7/30/2012
Post Doctoral Positions Available at Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL)
1) Coupling Terahertz (THz) Radiation to Biomolecules for Non-contact Control of Cellular Responses
2) Identification and Characterization of microRNAs Associated with Cellular Stress Response
Click here for more information.
Associateship Programs/Opportunities at Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL)
Click here for more information.
Registered Nurse or Physician's Assistant Laser Specialist
About the Job
Beam Laser Spa is seeking a licensed nurse practitioner or physician's assistant with experience in the field of aesthetic medicine to provide laser hair removal treatments to its clientele.
The candidate should have specific experience in providing laser treatments for hair removal, and be interested in participating in a team atmosphere.
The position is full time.
Beam Laser Spa is centrally located at Columbus Circle, literally steps away from 4 subway lines. We are considered one of the best laser hair removal businesses in NYC.
We'll hire only the best candidates and provide employees with great opportunity for career growth.
We offer a very positive, supportive work environment, and a beautiful 1200 sq/ft modern, newly-renovated office overlooking Central Park and Columbus Circle.
Job Requirements and Responsibilities:
1. All candidates should be licensed to practice in the advanced nurse or physician's assistant role in the state of NY to achieve the overall goal of providing the client with safe, effective laser treatments.
2. The candidate must ensure consistent delivery of results-oriented, best-in-class laser hair removal treatment experiences for clients.
This includes but is not limited to:
-comfortably conducting first-time client consultations, explaining in detail the science and process behind laser hair removal, and confidently being able to answer all the clients’ questions.
-correctly evaluating the client’s skin type according to the Fitzpatrick scale.
-performing laser hair removal treatments on all Beam Laser Spa clients, developing plan of care for the client, implementing this plan, and evaluating the outcomes.
3. The candidate will be cross-trained to be able to run and maintain the client registration area: checking clients in and out, receiving payment, booking appointments, answering clients questions, etc.
4. The candidate must follow policies, procedures and protocols set up by Beam Laser Spa, all the while maintaining accurate record keeping of office documentation and client treatment protocols.
5. The candidate must maintain open and constant communication with the owners of Beam Laser Spa and write reports for Beam Laser Spa’s management as and when required.
6. The candidate must adhere to the utmost in professional conduct in accordance with standards set by Beam Laser Spa.
Education and Experience Requirements:
1. A Bachelor's Degree is required. Preference will be given to RN's or Physician's Assistants that have expertise in esthetics, specifically laser hair removal.
2. At least 2 years DIRECT experience in laser hair removal procedures is a must.
3. Candidate must be extremely polished, friendly, professional and exhibit proper bedside manner.
4. Computer Skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, internet.
Character/personality traits desired:
-Strong organizational/ time management skills and punctuality are a must, as well as the ability to multi-task and handle many different client requests, phone calls, treatments and administrative tasks every day.
-Candidate must be highly organized, self-motivated, pleasant, and a self-starter. Being an ambitious team player that is driven to excel and promote the overall success of Beam Laser Spa is key.
-Candidate must have a desire and willingness to self-educate and commit to continuous learning.
-Candidate must have and exhibit a high degree of integrity.
-Candidate must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
-Exceptional listening skills are a must, as well as the ability to anticipate, handle and overcome client objections. Candidate must have the ability to manage and correctly set client expectations.
Candidate must have the ability to connect with clients, establish friendly relationships immediately and build and maintain trust.
This is of utmost importance, as our clientele is very high-end.
We are looking for a candidate that is the “whole package”, a HIGHLY experienced laser hair removal specialist, but someone who also has a sophisticated demeanor and excellent client service skills.
If you are qualified and interested, please e-mail your resume with the subject line: laser specialist to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted 5/26/10 - Updated 7/30/12
Fellowship Position/Practice Opening in Cutaneous Laser Medicine and Cosmetic Dermatology
Laserderm, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Available to dermatologists eligible to practice in Canada, with or eligible to obtain a license to practice in the Province of Ontario.
The Fellowship and optional practice opportunity is with Dr. Sharyn Laughlin in a cutaneous laser practice established over 25 years ago. The Fellowship is offered under the auspices of the Division of Dermatology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ottawa. The practice site is at Laserderm (www.Laserderm.ca
), a 6000 sq. foot facility, with a surgical suite, over 20 laser or light-based systems, academic program for residents and fellows from the University of Ottawa, 5 nurse practitioners, full-time medical photographer/biotechnician, and 5 administrative and support staff. There is optional exposure to medical esthetics and cosmeceutical research/development at Laserderm's sister facility, Cyberderm Laboratories (www.cyberderm.ca
The position is open to a new or recent graduate, or an experienced dermatologist with interest in cosmetic dermatology and cutaneous laser medicine. New graduates in Dermatology would receive private funding during the 1 year academic fellowship, and are encouraged to sit the sub-specialty American Board exam in laser medicine. The program has graduated 6 fellows and has a 100% pass rate in this exam. For experienced dermatologists without formal training or experience in cutaneous laser medicine and surgery, the first year could serve as a modified fellowship training year at an attractive salary. Any physician electing to remain as an associate will receive a higher guaranteed income at the start of the second year. An associate has the option to receive a partnership share in Laserderm without equity contribution after a 5 year tenure with Laserderm.
The full curriculum of the Fellowship Program may be viewed at www.Laserderm.ca
. In the section entitled "About Laserderm" there is a link to the curriculum of the fellowship program that can be downloaded as a PDF file.
Ottawa, the nation's capital is a city of about 1 million people, proximate to the Ottawa and Rideau rivers, offering an excellent lifestyle of urban amenities amidst extensive NCC green space and a suburban environment.
Posted 8/7/09 - Updated 11/8/11