Excellence in Laser Nursing/Allied Health Award
Nominations Due August 31
This award was established in 1991 to recognize outstanding nursing and allied health contributions to ASLMS and the advancement of joint practice in laser medicine and surgery. It is given in recognition of candidates who have promoted laser nursing in medicine through demonstrated expertise, consistent professional conduct, and exceptional standards of practice.
This award may be given to ASLMS members only. The award recipient will receive a plaque at the Annual Conference and will be required to present a lecture at the conference.
The candidate must meet at least two of the following five criteria in order to be considered for this award:
- Three years membership in ASLMS, Nursing/Allied Health Division
- Presentation of abstract or poster at ASLMS Annual Conference
- Served as an elected or appointed position in Nursing/Allied Health Division
- Attained ASLMS “Fellow” status through activity points
- Served as faculty for CE approved laser training courses, designed for nurses and/or allied health professionals; and has published an article/articles on laser nursing, the clinical application of laser technology, and administrative components of laser use in the clinical setting, laser research, or other laser related topics
No award will be granted to any person if the award would be contrary to any United States law, including but not limited to trade embargoes administered by the U.S. Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control.
You may nominate an individual online or by using the printable Nomination Form.
Mary Lisa Stoll, R.N., B.S.
2014 - Patricia A. Owens, RN, MHA, CMLSO
2013 - Laurie C. Grizzard, RN, BSN
2012 - Holly Bryan, BS, CCRC
2011 - Faye M. Jenkins, RN, BSN
2010 - Krystie P. Lennox, PA-C
2009 - Sue Terry, RN, CMLSO
2008 - Sharon K. Olson, RN, CNOR, CMLSO
2007 - Jeff T. Counters, MPH
2006 - Rebecca Sprague, RN, FNP-C
2005 - Judy Chamberlain, RN
2004 - Deirdre A. O'Hare, RN
2003 - Donna Gabriel, LPN
2002 - Mary Flor, RN
2001 - Susan L. Olson, RN
2000 - Dale P. Goodwin, RN
1999 - Patricia A. Owens, RN
1998 - Kay Ball, RN
1997 - Pat Durgin, RN
1996 - Vangie Paschall, RN
1995 - Mary Cayton, RN
1994 - Patricia A. Hartwig, RN
1993 - Penny J. Smalley, RN
1992 - Carolyn J. Mackety, RN
1991 - Sue E. Huether, RN