ASLMS realizes that members are the strongest new member recruitment resource we have, so of course we will reward you for your efforts. Rewards for referrals include:
Making referrals and getting rewards is easy! There are a number of ways to help ASLMS grow:
- Visit our recruitment tools page for ideas and templates to use in your recruitment efforts.
- Provide us with your recruits’ names and email addresses using the online referral form and we’ll take it from there.
- Email your recruits and direct them to go to our website to join now. Be sure to ask them to enter your name in the “Referred By” field on the application so you get credit for your efforts.
- Print the membership application and distribute it to your recruits. Pre-fill in your name on the “Referred By” line on the application so you get credit for your efforts.
- Use the referral cards included with your annual dues statement or download a pdf template
My recruit did not list me on their application, will I still earn rewards? No, if your colleague did not list you, you will not earn rewards for recruiting that individual. For you to earn recruitment rewards, your colleagues must enter your name on the “Referred By” line on the application when joining.
How will I know if I successfully recruited a new member? After ASLMS verifies that your recruited colleague/s have successfully joined ASLMS and entered your name on their membership applications, you will receive an email notification to reflect the names of new members you have recruited and the recruitment rewards you have earned.
Can I refer myself to earn recruitment rewards? No, you cannot refer yourself. To earn recruitment rewards for the Member-Get-a-Member program, you must be an existing ASLMS member and you must recruit individuals who are not current members.
When can I cash in my credits? Rewards will be calculated based on referrals received by December 31, 2017 with memberships for those referred approved by the Vice President by January 31, 2018. ASLMS central office staff will contact you with a summary statement of credits earned and a comprehensive order form to claim your rewards by March 1, 2018.
For you to earn your reward, your recruits must be accepted into membership between January 1, 2017 and December 31, 2017; must be first-time members or not have been dues paying members within the last two years.
No rewards will be awarded to any person if the award would be contrary to any United States law, including but not limited to trade embargoes administered by the U.S. Treasury Department's Office of Foreign Assets Control.