What's New for 2017?
The 2017 version of the aesthetic course promises to be even more rewarding than previous versions. The course will include more "how to" videos, more "how to avoid complications" and even more practical solutions to common problems.
- Innovative combinations of ablative lasers to achieve optimal results for skin rejuvenation,acne scarring and complex vascular malformations.
- Several newer devices and techniques that combine ablative and non-ablative technologies.
- Comparison of newer picosecond devices to better treat pigmented lesions.
- Newer treatment approaches to melasma and tattoos.
- Updated patient treatment videos that highlight advances in laser technology.
- New ideas on non-ablative rejuvenation for photo-damage and acne scars.
- New methods and ideas on treating acne.
- More and better options for non-invasive fat treatment.
ASLMS Member - $950
Non-Member - $1,250
Student/Resident/Fellow in training - $200 (Only 5 seats available. Must provide a letter from your program director or chief of service on official letterhead for verification.)
Pre-registration by October 20, 2017 is required. No on-site registrations. Seating is limited. If course is at capacity, interested participants will be placed on a wait list.
Not a member of ASLMS? Don't worry. Non-members who submit membership application at the time of registration qualify for the member fee
How to Register
Register online via button below or email, mail or fax completed registration form or call 715-845-9283 or toll free at 877-258-6028 to register today!
This course will provide participants with an understanding of lasers and other light energy based technology and their use in clinical aesthetic applications.
This course is designed for physicians, other clinicians, scientists, and individuals in industry who currently use or are investigating use of lasers in their practice. This course is beneficial for anyone who wishes to have a deeper understanding of how lasers work and then apply that knowledge to achieve optimum clinical outcomes.
Minimal background and experience in the field of laser and other light-based technology and their application in health care.
Instructional Content and/or Expected Learning Outcomes
- Be introduced to the basic science of how lasers and other related light energy technologies work.
- Become familiar with the interactions and effects of light based energy on human tissues.
- Be introduced to a cross-section of lasers and other light based energy technologies and their most appropriate aesthetic applications.
- Be introduced to the use of lasers in the treatment of a variety of aesthetic procedures and device applications including; hair removal, vascular lesions, skin tightening, skin rejuvenation, acne scars, port wine stains, irregular pigmentation, nevi, melasma, tattoos, RF needling, non-invasive fat reduction and treatment, and the interactions and complimentary use of light based technology with muscle relaxers and fillers.
- Be provided with best practice patient selection criteria, patient safety procedures, and patient relationship building practices which result in improved patient outcomes.
ACCME Accreditation Statement
The American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Continuing Medical Education Credit
The American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery, Inc. designates this live activity for a maximum of 11.75 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CE Contact Hours
This offering by the ASLMS, in conjunction with Professional Medical Education Association, is accredited for 14 contact hours. Professional Medical Education Association is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # CEP 12386. Note: Most State Boards of Nursing accept another State Board's approval for granting credits. Check with the Board of Nursing in your state for clarification. Certificates of Attendance will be provided.
Hotel & Travel
ASLMS does not have a contracted, reduced rate block with a particular hotel. Below is a map of choices which are within reasonable distance from the Beckman Laser Institute. Attendees are responsible for their own transportation to and from the Beckman Laser Institute. Please check with the hotel regarding shuttle transportation well in advance of the event.
Airport / Transportation
The John Wayne/Orange County Airport (SNA) is conveniently located near hotels and the Beckman Laser Institute. The Beckman Laser Institute (BLI) is located at 1002 Health Sciences Road East in Irvine, CA. Each hotel has accessible taxi service to/from BLI. Attendees are encouraged to make shuttle arrangements in advance. Attendees are responsible for coordinating their own transportation and parking. Directions to BLI
For more information, please contact ASLMS at (715) 845-9283, toll free at (877) 258-6028 or email email@example.com.